4th Class Power Engineer
We are currently looking for a full-time 4th Class Power Engineer to join our Freeman Lumber Team. This role reports directly to the Chief Power Engineer and will be responsible for the 2 boilers and 14 dry kilns on site. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Arrives on time, prepared to work every day.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule, plus perform any extra servicing.
- Reports to Chief Engineer and follows up with any issue that will disrupt production.
- Reports any incidents, accidents, hazards, near misses or injuries to direct supervisor.
- Works safe on a daily basis (follows lock-out procedures, recognizing unsafe areas, safe proper mixing of boiler chemicals).
- Shows interest in learning all aspects of the job.
- Complete daily required paperwork.
- Communicate with operator supplying fuel to maintain enough fuel and good quality mixture for efficient burning.
- Shares production goals of having the lowest idle time on the kilns as possible.
- Perform maintenance work needed as per level of skills.
- Shows initiative to help others whenever possible, and supports co-workers.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of safety standards.
- Must have training, or be willing to be trained in Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform and Confined Space.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be qualified to work in Canada.
Our Total Compensation Package includes:
- Starting wage of $33.80/hr
- Benefits including extended health, vision care and dental care
- On-the-job training; additional paid training
- Group RRSP match to a maximum of 2%
- Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Two (2) weeks vacation
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
If you are ready to grow your career in a company that prides itself on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, flexibility, and career opportunities; come build your career with us at Freeman Lumber.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.