We are currently looking for a full-time Industrial Mechanic to join our Freeman Lumber Maintenance Team. This role reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be responsible to safely perform quality maintenance work and repair of equipment, including:
- Maintaining and repairing machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, applicable procedures, etc. to minimize the interruption to production
- Ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Repairing or replacing chains; belt conveyors; gearboxes/drive chains; hydraulics; pneumatics; welding/cutting; and using power tools
- Inspecting and investigating the root cause of failures or malfunctions of machinery to perform corrective repairs and take preventable actions
- Responding to emergencies when mechanical problems occur
- Reading, analyzing, and interpreting schematics, instructions, blueprints, drawings, sketches, operator/equipment manuals, etc.
- Maintain detailed and accurate maintenance records, reports, and documentation
- Ensure compliance of safe work practices and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Familiarity with metal fabrication, hydraulics/pneumatics, refractory work, bearings/seals, welding, pipe fitting, pump repair, and mechanical repairs
- Ability to read schematics/blueprints
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task while working under pressure
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs
- Must be physically capable of bending, reaching, lifting and able to work in extreme environments (hot, cold, rain, snow)
- Availability to work shiftwork (day/evening shifts), weekends, holidays, and overtime hours
- Minimum 2-5 years’ relevant maintenance experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience working with stationary equipment as part of a production process
- Proficiency in hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting
- Sawmill experience is preferred
- Stick welding ability would be considered an asset
Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive wages. $24.75-$30.00/hr.
- Benefits including extended health, vision care and dental care
- On-the-job training; additional paid training
- Group RRSP match to a maximum of 2%
- Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Two (2) weeks vacation
- Eleven (11) paid holidays (maybe required to work some holidays)
If you are ready to grow your career in a company that prides itself on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, flexibility, and career opportunities; come build your career with us at Freeman Lumber.