Do you enjoy hands-on challenges, where you can focus on a particular task, to get the job done and keep our equipment running? Do you want to be part of the team of one of the most modern, flexible, and efficient lumber producers in Eastern Canada? It’s time to grow your career with us. What are you waiting for?
Put your welding expertise to work as you join our team in Greenfield, Queens County, Nova Scotia. Your ability to troubleshoot, maximize production time, and analyze safety hazards, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment will serve you well in this role. This is an exciting opportunity to put your skills to work.
We are currently looking for an Industrial Welder to join our Freeman Lumber Maintenance Team. This role reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be responsible for safely repairing and maintaining production equipment, including:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and execute welding repairs in an industrial environment
- Take direction verbally and visually to complete welding fabrication and repairs in a timely manner while ensuring the highest quality
- Source materials to be used in the project
- Measuring and cutting materials to meet standards and specifications
- Checking finished work to ensure it is accurate and functional
- 2-5 years’ experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment. Sawmill experience would be considered an asset
- Stick welding abilities are required, structural tickets are an asset
- Experience working with stationary equipment used in a production process
- Ability to work in a team environment that is committed to working safe, while focused on improving production and maintaining quality
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
This position is a shift position, however our shift schedule strives to provide employees with the maximum work/life balance while maintaining maximum production in a safe manner.
Full shift details include:
- Weekday hours 6 am to 6 pm or 6 pm to 6 am
- Weekend hours 5 am to 5 pm
- Average hours every two weeks 42 hours
- Four night shifts in 28 days
- No night shift on weekends
- Work every other weekend
- Four crews on rotation including 2 Millwrights, 1 Welder, 1 Oiler/Greaser and 1 Firewatch/Cleanup
- $24.75 to $31.00 per hour. Compensation will commensurate with experience
Our Total Compensation Package includes:
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Benefits including extended health, vision care and dental care
- On-the-job training; additional paid training
- Group RRSP match to a maximum of 2%
- Group Life and Accident Insurance
- Two (2) weeks’ vacation
- Eleven (11) paid holidays
Apply: If you are ready to grow your career in a company that prides itself on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, flexibility, and career opportunities; come build your career with us at Freeman Lumber.